1. Butler, T and O’Sullivan P. (2016) Project Arete: Modelling Conduct Risk from a Regulatory Perspective, GRCTC Working Paper.
2. O’Sullivan, P. (2016) Regulatory Relationships and Incentives: From Riggs Bank to HSBC, International Journal of Law and Management, Forthcoming.
3. Al Khalil, F., Ceci, M., Yapa, K. and O’Brien, L. (2016) July. SBVR to OWL 2 Mapping in the Domain of Legal Rules. In International Symposium on Rules and Rule Markup Languages for the Semantic Web (pp. 258-266). Springer International Publishing.
4. O’Sullivan, P. (2016) HSBC Mexico AML Failings: A Case Study, Journal of Money Laundering Control, 19(2), 208-218.
5. Ceci, M., Al Khalil, F. and O’Brien, L., (2016) Making Sense of Regulations with SBVR. RuleML 2016 Challenge, Doctoral Consortium and Industry Track hosted by the 10th International Web Rule Symposium (RuleML 2016).
6. Butler, T., Abi-Lahoud, E., and Espinoza, A. 35th International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS) Fort Worth, Texas, December 13-16, Designing Semantic Technologies for Regulatory Change Management in the Financial Industry, 2015, 11 p.
7. Butler, T. and Abi Lahoud, E. (2014) Applying Semantic Technologies for Risk Data Aggregation, Consortium for System Risk Analytics (CSRA) Meeting, MIT Sloan Center for Finance and Policy, Cambridge, MA, December, 2014.
8. Abi-Lahoud, E., O’Brien, L. and Butler, T. (2014) ‘On the Road to Regulatory Ontologies: Interpreting Regulations with SBVR’ In: In, AI Approaches to the Complexity of Legal Systems, Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence. Berlin, Heidelberg: Springer-Verlag.
9. Butler, T. and Abi-Lahoud, E. (2014) A Mechanism-based Explanation of the Institutionalization of Semantic Technologies in the Financial Industry IFIP WG 8.6 Creating Values for All Through IT, Birgitta Bergvall-Kåreborn and Peter Axel Nielsen (eds.), IFIP Advances in Information and Communication Technology (IFIP AICT), Springer, Berlin
10. Espinoza, A. Abi-Lahoud, E., and Butler, T. (2014) Ontology-Driven Financial Regulatory Change Management: An Iterative Development Process 2nd. Semantic Web and Linked Open Data workshop (SW-LOD), Enc 2014. 5th, November; Oaxaca, México
11. Butler, T. and Abi-Lahoud, E. (2014) A Hermeneutic Approach to Solving the Translation Problem in Designing Ontologies 22nd. European Conference on Information Systems (ECIS), Tel Aviv, Israel, 2014
12. Abi-Lahoud, E., Espinoza Limon, A., O’Brien, L., and Butler, T. (2014) Ontology-enabled Regulatory Change Management Third UK Ontology Network Workshop, Birmingham, April 2014
13. O’Brien, L., Abi-Lahoud, E., and Butler, T. (2014) Disambiguating Financial Regulations for Governance, Risk and Compliance with Semantic Technologies Third UK Ontology Network Workshop, Birmingham, April 2014.
14. Elgammal, A. and Butler, T. (2014) Towards a Framework for Semantically-enabled Compliance Management in Financial Services 1st International Workshop on Knowledge Aware Service Oriented Applications (KASA’14)
15. Butler, T. and Abi-Lahoud, E. (2013) Explaining the Adoption of Semantic Technologies in the Financial Industry: A Mechanism-based Explanation of Institutional Change IFIP 8.2 OASIS Working Conference, Milan, 2013.
16. Abi-Lahoud, E. Butler, T. Chapin, D., and Hall, J. (2013) Interpreting Regulations with SBVR The 7th International Web Rule Symposium: Research Based and Industry Focused
17. Butler, T. (2013) Towards a Mechanism-Based Theory of Institutional Change in the Financial Industry. [Invited Seminars/Guest Lectures], Department of IT Management Seminar, Copenhagen Business School, February 18th 2013, 22 pages.
18. O’Brien, L., Abi-Lahoud, E., and Lombard, J. (2013) Using Business Natural Language to Capture Financial Regulations in a Collaborative Ontology Development Process, Law Via the Internet, Jersey, 26-27 September 2013.
19. Lombard, J., O’Brien, L., and Abi-Lahoud, E. (2013) The Use of Semantic Technologies to Support Compliance with Financial Regulations, Society of Legal Scholars Annual Conference, University of Edinburgh, 6 September 2013.
20. Lombard, J., and O’Brien, L. (2013) The International Response to Money Laundering: An Examination of the External Forces which have shaped Money Laundering Regulations in the European Union and the United States, Irish Society of Comparative Law Annual Conference, NUI Galway, 24-25 May 2013.
21. O’Brien, L., and Lombard, J. (2013) The use of a legal ontology to support governance, risk and compliance in the financial services industry, British and Irish Law Education and Technology Association, University of Liverpool, 10-12 April 2013.
22. O’Kane, T., Casserly, T. and McCartney P, (2013) The Financial Industry Maturity Model for Anti-Money Laundering (FIMM (AML)), presented at Innofin Conference, Singapore Management University October 2013.
23. Krdzavac, N. Haque, R.and Butler T. (2012) An IFRS Compliant Balance Sheet Metamodel 2nd Workshop on Model Driven Approaches in System Development (MDASD)Wrocław, Poland,
24. Krdzavac, N. Haque, R. and Butler T. (2012) Web-based Reasoning With Balance Sheets 35th German Conference on Artificial Intelligence (KI2012) Saarbrücken, Germany.
25. Haque, R. Krdzavac, N. and Butler, T. (2012) Transforming Nescient Action into Intelligent Action International Conference on Data and Knowledge Engineering (ICDKE 2012), Wu Yi Shan / China, November 2012
26. Butler, T. 1st GRC Symposium, Dublin, (2015) Friday October 30th, From Problems to Solutions for GRC in the Financial Industry, 2015. 11 p.
27. Butler, T., Ceci, M., Cowap, P., Della-Rovere, M., and O’Brien, L. (2016) Positioning Ireland as a Centre of Excellence for GRC, Presentation to Irish Software Innovation Network Meeting, November 9th, 2016.
28. Butler, T. and Abi Lahoud, E. The Financial Industry Regulatory Ontology, Presentation to the Object Management Group, Financial Domain Task Force, OMG Technical Meeting, Chicago, Il, September 13th , 2016, 7 p
29. Butler, T. and Abi Lahoud, E. Semantic Technologies for Governance, Risk and Compliance in Financial Services, Presentation to the Object Management Group, Financial Domain Task Force, OMG Technical Meeting, Reston, VA, March 19-23, 2013, 5 p.
30. Butler, T. and Abi Lahoud, E. SMART Regulation and FIRO – FIGO. Presentation to the Object Management Group, Financial Domain Task Force, OMG Technical Meeting, Burlingame, San Francisco, CA, December 12th, 2012. 10 p.
31. Butler, T. Semantic Technologies for SMART Regulation – Overview and Business Applications. Presentation to the Object Management Group, Financial Domain Task Force, OMG Technical Meeting, Jacksonville, Florida, September 10th-14th, 2012. 8 p.
32. A Systematic Approach for Managing and Supervising Conduct Culture & Risk. The Centre’s latest Position Paper addresses one of the FS Sector’s more enduring problems and provides an invitation to the Industry to collaborate in this most salient GRC domain.Please contact the Centre’s Director, Peter Cowap (firstname.lastname@example.org) for further information.